MDA National and RDA NSW
Rural GPs Conference Bursary 2023
Are you a prevocational doctor or accredited registrar?
This year, RDA NSW and MDA National are offering 2 x $3,000 bursaries for doctors in training to apply for to cover the cost of travel, accommodation, meals and conference registration to attend the Rural GPs Conference, hosted by NSW Rural Doctors Network and the Rural Doctors' Association of NSW.
Join us from 23-26 November 2023 at the beautiful Crowne Plaza Coogee Beach.
Download Bursary application form
• Applicants are required to submit a 1-2 min. video of themselves explaining why they should receive a Bursary and what support they would like from their Medical Defence Organisation (see below for more details).
• Applicants need to be members of MDA National and the Rural Doctors’ Association NSW in order to apply – but please note you are able to join each organisation prior to applying for the Bursary (for both MDA National* and RDA NSW Intern/RMO membership is free for a period of time).
* Membership and complimentary cover with MDA National applies until mid-PGY2, then a small nominal fee applies. All Membership fees with MDA National will be reimbursed for applicants of the Rural GPs Conference Bursary for 2023.
Apply for MDA National membership / cover at applications.mdanational.com.au.
To join the Rural Doctors’ Association NSW: www.rdansw.com.au
• We strongly encourage Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander junior / prevocational doctors/registrars to apply for the Bursary.
• Applicants need to be AHPRA registered doctors-in-training, this includes prevocational doctors (JMOs, SRMOs, unaccredited registrars) or accredited registrars on a general practice or other specialty training program. This bursary is not for medical students.
• Successful recipients will receive a $3,000 Bursary to contribute to their travel, accommodation, and registration fees to attend at the 2023 Rural GPs Conference and ‘The Future of Rural Health’ pre-conference sessions.
• Criteria includes - MDA National and Rural Doctors’ Association NSW membership, clear rural intent, a written reference from either a clinical referee or a community referee, and details about what the applicant values in their Medical Defence Organisation.
• Recipients of the bursary will be required to visit the MDA National and RDA NSW stands at ‘The Future of Rural Health’ pre-conference sessions on Thursday 23 November 2023 for a social media opportunity.
• Recipients will also need to be available for other promotional opportunities (for eg. the filming of a mini-video by RDA NSW or MDA National for social media, participation in a podcast profiling their journey into rural medicine etc).
• Recipients will be asked to post on social media while at the conference, and recognise MDA National’s and RDA NSW’s involvement.
• Recipients will also be required to provide a 100-200 word article (or longer) for RDA NSW’s annual e-magazine / e-newsletter / social media and MDA National’s publications / social media on the Rural GPs Conference 2023, paid for by their Bursary.